We needed some weekend cocktail inspiration and our wishes were granted courtesy of Tanaye. She provided us with the recipe to her go-to adult beverage & it’s safe to say we will be making one (or two) of these once it hits 5 o’clock. So grab a bottle of tequila and a glass and treat yourself to a nice refreshing drink.
“When it comes to cocktails, I love margaritas. I consider myself to be a margarita snob. If I can’t taste the tequila or if the drink tastes like syrup, there’s a problem. My favorite margarita is a Spicy Marg. I have a few favorite spots in the area near where I live that I’ll go to when I’ve had a stressful day and just need a drink. But I can also whip one up at home. Here’s my Quick & Easy Spicy Marg recipe:”
● Patrón Silver tequila
● Jose Cuervo classic margarita mix
● 1 whole jalapeno
● 1 whole lime
● Cayenne pepper
● Crushed ice
● Cut a few jalapeno slices and two thin slices of lime and place them in your glass
● Pour one shot worth (or more) of Patron into the glass
● Muddle the lime and jalapeno with a spoon until the concoction is a little murky
● Add a dash of cayenne pepper (for the full spicy effect)
● Drop in your crushed ice, pour your marg mix just right below the rim and stir
● Optional: Wet the glass rim with a mix of salt and cayenne pepper
● BOOM! Spicy Marg complete.