I'm not a strictly non-tox girl (yet). I tell my nails everyday to enjoy their freedom until I can get my beloved gel manicure again. However, I have made the switch with my everyday makeup. If you're anything like me, the thought of having to use more than five or six products daily is thoroughly unrealistic. Simplicity is key.
I also love a multipurpose product; I can justify its cost of with how many different ways it can be used. A $42 blush is only $21 if you can use it as a lipstick, too. Here are my six favorite products that are low-maintenance approved:
- Beautycounter Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer: Yes, it lives up to the hype and is a year-round must have. It's lightweight, evens your skin tone, is hydrating and has SPF 20. It also contains Vitamin C to help brighten skin and hyaluronic acid to promote a firmer complexion. Checks all the boxes. This is sheer coverage; for more coverage, layer on their Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation.
- Ilia NightLite Bronzing Powder: It's lightweight and easy to blend. This is the only powder product I'll use - it gives better dimension to the contour and helps you avoid looking greasy.
- RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek: Rediscovering blush was a huge moment in my life. Cream blush looks more natural than powders and keeps skin dewy. Dab this on with your fingers or a stipple brush from the apples of your cheeks up towards your hairline. Pat some on your lips for a buildable lip color.
- Jillian Dempsey Lid Tint: Another great multipurpose product. Use for a subtle shimmery eye and dab on tops of cheek bones for an extra highlight.
- Saie Brow Butter: I think we can all agree that brows are a very important part of the beauty routine. It's unfortunate that we treated them so poorly until about 2015. This brow butter is easy to apply and will give you feathery full brows in an instant. It comes in a clear gel as well.
- Ilia Limitless Mascara: If you catch me wearing mascara - you know it's a special day - this is the one I'll be wearing. It gives a soft and natural but alluring lash. It's flake free, but comes off without destroying your lashes. As with any mascara, be sure to curl your lashes first for optimal results.