Kim Riekenberg lives life on the go. Bouncing between the U.S. and Germany (where she is originally from) from one photo shoot to the next (pre COVID-19), she still manages to stay on top of her health and prioritize quality food. We asked her to share some of her typical and favorite meals:
My everyday go-to breakfast:
- Avocado toast with cayenne pepper
- Oatmeal with blueberries or banana
- Soy yogurt bowl with fruits
- Toppings: chia seeds, flax seeds, bee pollen
- My “cheat” breakfasts when I’m craving something sweet are Nutella or jam on toast, or a chocolate cereal
- I have a fresh pressed juice every day
My typical lunch:
I love cooking and creating new meals.
- Avocado toast if I haven’t had it for breakfast!
- Every day I crave a big Matcha Chai Latte
- Quick pasta with tomato sauce
- Every kind of smoothie
When I’m in New York I always have cauliflower gnocchi.
My favorite meals for dinner:
I always prefer a hot meal instead of a cold one. One hot meal a day is a must.
- Pasta with cherry tomatoes and green asparagus in a white wine lemon sauce
- Homemade hummus with pita and Moroccan couscous salad with a side of oven-baked veggies
- Oven-baked veggies with homemade date dip with a mixed salad on the side. I’d probably add some guacamole and some baguette on top