After seven consecutive Sports Illustrated Swimsuit covers (not to mention countless pages in fashion titles ranging from W to Vanity Fair to Interview), Peter Butler has established himself as one of the best hairstylists in the business. So when we wanted to put together a definitive list of the products every girl should furnish her medicine cabinets with, there was no one else we'd turn to.
Here's what Butler had to say:
I LOVE products, especially those that work for every hair type. Here are 5
products I keep in my kit at all times--they work on just about everyone
and always give me great results!
1) L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray-- It's the perennial best hairspray for lasting hold
and can be brushed out easily. Love It!
2) Oribe' Dry Texture Spray-- It 'roughs up' a perfect blow dry to create a
lived in, touchable, and super sexy look.
3) Aveda Which Hazel Light Hold Hairspray- This is great when working with hot
tools! You just spray the hair section right before curling to ensure lasting texture.
4) Leonor Greyl Mousse au Lotus Volumatrice-- This is a great mousse for fine,
colored hair that needs a foundation before a set. It's perfect for
setting volume and getting a lasting hold on any curls or waves.
5) SachaJuan Hair Wax- This is a water-based wax that separates and clumps hair
without making it too greasy or heavy.
Craving more Peter Butler tips? Follow him here:
After years in the leading salons in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Paris, Peter Butler currently resides in New York City and is represented by Michelle Falvey at Artists By Timothy Priano. Read more about his legendary career and looks here.