Over the last year, SI Swim Search 2020 garnered over 10,000 submissions through Instagram and in-person castings. We narrowed the submissions down to 67 and whittled that number down to a fabulous group of 17. From there we found six outstanding finalists, each woman with her own powerful story to tell. The time has finally come to choose the winner of #SISwimSearch2020.
“I’m so incredibly proud of the six Swim Search finalists in the 2020 Swimsuit Issue -- each one of these women possesses extraordinary qualities that we are thrilled to have represented this year's Swim Search,” says SI Swimsuit editor-in-chief MJ Day. “They have impressed us not only during the casting process but also throughout the entire year that we have been on this journey together. These women are professional, unique and hardworking. I feel so fortunate that we have had the privilege to call Brielle, Clarissa, Christie, Jamea, Kathy and Tanaye valuable contributors to this brand.”
Let’s take another quick look at the final six:
More from SwimLife
- Kathy, the 56-year old mother who wowed us with her video submission proving age is truly nothing but a number. See more Kathy by clicking here!
- Brielle, the successful curve model and business owner who in recent months has found her voice speaking out against racial injustice. See more Brielle by clicking here!
- Christie, the 26-year old dancer who embodies empowerment and has proven beauty has no boundaries. See more Christie by clicking here!
- Clarissa, who balances her modeling career and her pre-med studies at Vanderbilt. See more Clarissa by clicking here!
- Tanaye, who proved that perseverance is key after coming back for a second year with SI Swim Search and subsequently landing on the coveted pages alongside her idols. See more Tanaye by clicking here!
- Jamea, who, after landing a spot in the Top 16, gained major recognition in the modeling industry booking campaigns with Guess, Inamorata, Intimissimi and more. See more Jamea by clicking here!
“In my eyes, all of these women are winners,” Day continues.”They have the ability to command important conversations, actively support each other and others around them all while pursuing their personal goals. Lucky for us, we get to cheer women of this caliber on. I encourage you to do the same as we open voting to our community to help select which of these women will be named the first rookie of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2021!”
We took these six women to the beautiful beaches of Turks & Caicos where they were shot by longtime SI Swim photographer Yu Tsai. Living out their dreams of participating in an SI Swimsuit shoot, each of these women showed they were exactly where they belonged and they have the photos to prove it!
This may be our toughest decision yet, so we’re asking our fans to give us a hand in picking the winner of #SISwimSearch2020. Who should return as a rookie in next year’s magazine? Once the results are in, we will announce our winner NEXT WEEK!
Starting today, August 12, through next Wednesday, August 19, you can cast your daily vote! Ready… set… go!
Having trouble voting? Click here.